View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #67 (permalink)
bodyshop
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys_1k View Post
He probl'y thought you were drunk. They look for too-slow driving as a sign of being overly cautious, likely for a reason.

I wouldn't have gone off on him like that but you did good.
As an ex-cop from the late 70's garys_1k is right in that cops watch for driver just below the speed limit hoping not to draw attention to themselves. Once pulled over they want you to speak so to check for slurred speech and breath check. This cop though rude seems so-so just poor people skills. Challenging authority is good most of the time as long as you remain calm, cool, and collective. Using the lawyer bashing is bad idea (only a mother could love a lawyer "just a joke guys".) Try to keep all your challenges in the form of a question.
  • Is riding my back bumper safe?
  • How do I contact your supervisor?
  • Do you have a badge number?

The bumper riding is done to intimidate criminals into making a mistake and/or starting a 10-80 (car chase). I have no problem with car chases that start spontaneously, but don't think provoking them is in the best interest of "John Q Public"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
This is why you need a sticker on the car that explains your speed. Seriously.
I think this is a good idea for two reasons first is why this thread started and second is to promote EM driving to others!

BTW trikkonceptz I got a speeding ticket back in the mid 80's going through the tunnel, back when I lived in Oakland Park, FL. I guess the cop didn't like my ROSS Beach Cruiser Bicycle going faster than his Harley, The grade in the tunnel is steeper than it looks from in a car! And all I said to the cop is you've got to be kidding me...