View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #575 (permalink)
teoman
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I probably would have been faster had I joined the Army before turning 28, especially before intentionally gaining weight at 24.

I have always wondered how soldiering would have been had I still weighed 153 pounds. Running should have been easier, but my SAW and ruck would have been relatively heavier.

Mars and Terra are warming. My astronomy professor always said "One is an anomaly. Two is a pattern," so I tried to find out if our inward neighbor was warming.

There seems to be a conspiracy to cover up data regarding Venus getting warmer.

This guy asked the same question. I do not feel that anyone really tried to answer him.

Someone replied "It has been claimed that CO2 will only absorb radiant heat at 15 microns. Yet radiant heat can be between about 7 to 20 microns. If this is true then surely more man made heat is escaping from the earth than is absorbed."

I tried to look into that and found this: https://principia-scientific.org/doe...ide-trap-heat/

He talks about a school experiment where a teacher has a bottle of air and one of carbon dioxide, places both under a heat lamp, and shows that the bottle with CO2 warms up faster than the bottle of air. Supposedly, the glass lets infrared into the bottle, but does not let it back out.

He also argues that water vapor does not create a "greenhouse effect," but instead a "swamp cooler effect:"

He then compares different regions at the same lattitude, dry versus wet:

Someone argued that water vapor is never a gas, but instead a volatile liquid.

Someone else argued:

Why does he put a space before his exclamation mark? He does this every time, I just did not quote them.

Someone replied to him:

Another:

Somebody else wrote:

Wouldn't the heat bounce from one CO2 molecule to another? Not trapped in a bottle, but trapped in a cage?

One last comment:

So, water vapor absorbs more heat than CO2?

This article states that Mars is not getting warmer, instead it is rotating differently, and ice is melting in one spot and forming in another: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-age-retrea/

“These data show us that the Sun is not getting brighter with time." Is the Sun Getting Brighter? How NASA Scientists Are Tracking Solar Activity to Look for Weird Behavior
He could be french. They use a space before the exclamation mark.