View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #68 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
After a lengthy discussion with one of my family attorneys, he dropped this knowledge on me.

He says that the way we drive, (Safe and under speed), does mimic that of drunk drivers, the differnece being that we do not swerve all over the place. He advised me to be a bit more tolerant of law enforcement because they operate under suspicion at all times. He did not condone the treatment I recieved, just asked that I be more patient when approached at night by police until this becomes more mainstream.

I agree with the advice just not the profiling .. oh well what will cops do when a larger percentage of the populations begins to slow down ..
I'm pretty big on the "walking a mile in their moccasins" before judgement club.Had I been either one of you,I would have behaved identically.I know some law enforcement folks,and they can get hammered from all sides.They're routinely expected to walk into harm's way.There's a lot of alcoholism,divorce,broken families,KIA,etc.. I'm not defending what the guy did,and am impressed with your presence of mind when in an altercation like that.If I were a screen-writer,I'd get it into the script of a major motion picture.Maybe cast Sean Penn for the part.I suppose" profiling" has become a permanent part of the American landscape.I like to think he'll remember your car and the context for your "behavior".