View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Im definitely new to ecomodding but after reading on the two 7.3l diesels id like to emulate I learned what I would like and about where I could be on freeway economy.

tonneau cover should bring me at least 1mpg more on highway so 17.7 to at least 18-18.7.

Air dam seemed .76mpg max! not a lot but for my truck its the least invasive. so theres 19mpg

in the future seems a 12degree angled tonneau cover copying the guy below:

Vehicle Efficiency Upgrades: 30+ MPG in 2.5ton Commercial Truck: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

This should bring me to 20-21mpg which is my goal for now.

I eventually plan on adding some little mirrors and folding my tow mirrors in unless towing of course.

I cant see myself adding wheel skirts, or belly pan as I go in the woods quite often for hunting/camping but on the freeway the mods should bring me to 20mpg at least.

Big Dave had $4k for the gear vendor, and probably $1k for higher gear ratio in the rear end and my 4x4 model doesn't have a high enough gear to warrant the cost. Plus the two fellas im trying to mimic have manuals so im already at a -2mpg comparatively. I even got a shift kit and a tuner that honestly will help but its not going to be tremendous.

it allows me to adjust firmness, pressure, speed, torq lock etc...