View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #146 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Women are the kinder gender. They seek harmony more often and have more humility. Men are competitive, seek to win, and are less compassionate.
That right there is why I don't fit into this world. I'd like to get along, but I can't trust the opposite gender to not whisper poisonous thoughts into my ear late in the night.

Quote:
It's not what they get at a dealership, it's what they're willing to take. The customer always has the upper hand: they can simply walk away and not buy the car or whatever if they aren't willing to pay the price the seller asks... I'm in the no haggling group, so I probably have paid a bit more for stuff over the years, but the avoidance of aggravation was worth it.
I don't buy if I can't meet the asking price. Not sure if it's out of pride or showing respect.

I don't like selling. When I sold the green Superbeetle, I asked US$3000* and dropped the price $1-200 a month until I got to $1500. A guy drove it and then asked me if I could come down any on the price.

*mid-book — it had suspension upgrades and started in 1/4 revolution (it fired on the very first cylinder)