View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

with the picture of the white pickup, from the front of the bed(essentially the bottom of the rear of the cab, they just built a flat cover that goes up at a 12 degree angle to the top of the 4rth tail light so kind of a reverse angled tonneau cover?

So the tonneau cover folds onto it self with three equal pieces. and a small strap to keep it unfolding while driving/ for storage.

heres the link: I can always remove the soft material and lay down plastic, or aluminum or something more solid etc.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...-tonneau-cover

Im not gonna lie I'll have to research the perforated base plates and spoiler thing for the truck. I am still really new and have some reading to do but would it be a fair assumption for the following?

Truck got 19.5 on highway stock, after level kit and 2in taller, 1 in wider tires down to best of 17.7.

first mod: Adjusting driving style-I already drive the speed limit +/-2mph and CA drivers hate it lol. Im OCD with maintencs for fluids, filters, tire pressures, etc..

second mod-
part A- Full tonneau cover-only expecting it to really help on long trips for 1mpg boost to be honest?

part B-Angled Tonneau-copying the orange diesel truck-1-2mpg up at best for highway speeds?

Part C partial tonneau cover- I'll start with 50% of read portion covered, then move to a rear wing on a DIY cab level headache rack? something sturdy to fill the gap.

third mod - Air dam- Big Dave and others discovered it doesn't have to go to the ground as much as it needs to cover the tires. he got .75mpg boost at best but I have the material so only my time is needed.

Do you have some links to the perforated base plate and spoiler? Im curious since I haven't seen it come up on my research for improving economy with a pickup etc.

Again sorry, im new to this and I kind of settled for what I could do practically and without going to crazy on the truck etc.

Last edited by gone9; 12-06-2017 at 06:55 PM..