View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Somebody getting 40mpg or more might sneer at 0.76mpg improvement (generally nobody on this site, of course - we regard a win as a win no matter how small), or just disregard it as a small enough improvement that it might just be within the margin of error. But when your baseline results are in the teens, it's pretty big.
Im basing my improvement assumptions off of Big Dave mostly to be honest.

He saw 3/4 of gallon mpg improvement with airdam, possibly .5mpg improvement with mirror delete/folding. I don't know if you seen the 2008-2010 mirrors on super duties they are HUGE! when I wired them in it helped immensely with visibility though lol....

So If I could squeeze a solid 1mpg off of air dam and folding mirrors in (maybe adding angled deflector) then 1mpg from tonneau cover, possibly 2 off an angled cover that would bring my 17.7 current best to a whopping 20.7 lol....

for me though diesel is $3.29-2.59 on average a gallon with my 13-isk k commute.

17.7mpg=2423.73 annual fuel cost

20.7=2072.4 annual fuel cost

Those are very simple calculations but I could save more as the diesel tax is going to increase three more times until 2020 lol. I have plans to move back to Idaho within a few years but for now this gives me something else to work on.

p.s. Anyone experience with turbo modifications on a powerstroke not for power but for fuel economy? My current GTP38 is stock but I bought what is called the wicked wheel 2 compressor wheel. I tow a lot and I get what called turbo shudder and it can cause damage overtime. A few companies came out with a new wheel, different fins, aluminum and it equates to:

5-6more psi boost, smoother/quicker response, and a little less egt's esp when I delete my EBPV valve on the turbo and add the high flow outlet. It causes very bad mpg in the winter for me