View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Appreciate the info. I’ve done the I5 route back n fourth to Seattle to see some friends, really not bad to Be honest.

We pack a cooler with a light breakfast, snacks, lunch, snacks, fluids etc. and I to use cruise control the majority of the flat terrain. I’ve tried the overnight thing and we’ll to be honest I just don’t sleep all that much. And I can only say this as best as I can, if I get too tired I pull over and camp. Only did it twice before but we’ll worth it. Im an active member of a diesel forum too so keep in touch with members along the route in case anything major comes up.

I’m a little anxious for the trip since CA is quite a bit different than Idaho to say the least lol but the work is plenty for someone who’s hungry in CA and Idaho is still a different economy. You need to have 20yrs in a trade or have connections and I don’t want to go back to driving trucks just yet lol.

Looking forward to posting post full tonneau cover results in just a couple weeks. I’ll check our CAT scales too. Truck was 7640 by itself with fluids topped minis 4-6 gallons of diesel. I’ll guesstimate 250ish lb of tools, extra fluids, supplies and weeks worth of cloths. I pack light from military experience but the wife’s two bags are always a little funny to look at compared to my backpack and a half hahaha.
The Following User Says Thank You to gone9 For This Useful Post:
slowmover (12-11-2017)