View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Appreciate the insight and I'll definitely do more thought on a two day trip vs my normal time. I've experienced the WLF a couple of times and it was a bit jarring to say the least. I normally hit it about Spokane WA when im just shy of two hours away. I won't lie I normally do 99.9% of the driving two since my wife doesn't like how big the truck is etc. I may give here a couple hours of drive time to give my brain a brake lol.

I'll keep a log of this trip though for temps, locations, and detail regarding fill ups.

I had a questions though regarding the one click stop for fill ups.

The superduties are infamous for partial fil ups and many do what is called the hutch or harpoon mod. it lets the tank breath much better because I usually can get 3 more gallons if I let it do the auto one stop and then wait 30 or so seconds and fill again at a slower speed.

Its a PITA for fill up tracking because its a super common issue with the 1999-2003 7.3l superduties not breathing enough to fill up fast enough with foam build up etc. I usually fill up on the slowest setting on the pump too and it helps a bit.