View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #47 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

agreed. Plus I'm more than aware that a tonneau cover/Air-Dam are going to take some time to see the improvement to be honest 1-2mpg more is more than enough for me...

Its a 7700lb truck with a level kit and BFGoodrich A/T tires so without extensive (probably costly) modifications I can't expect much but again with diesel on average 3.30-4$ in CA right now 1-2mpg will pay it self off in less than a year and im a long term guy so that is A-OK for me haha.

The tonneau cover arrives on Saturday but the truck is not going to be ready on Thursday not Tuesday and talk about bad timing... I had a brake failure on my little 99 grand am commuter car. The driver wheel had a star splatter patter of fluid and the wheel well was soaked... and the brake fluid reservoir was empty so gonna barrow the inlaws jeep and see what failed.

*I put on all new rotors, pads, calipers about 6 months ago from autzone so im betting cheap parts failed but its a 18 year old car and I didn't feel the need for race car parts lol.

p.s. my 99 grand am gets about 24 average (v6) and best I ever got was 29mpg but im gonna add wheel skirts, and air dam to that down the road. I care about looks on the car so it will be fun going a little more crazy with that car