View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
easythereturbo
EcoModding Lurker

Chevy Bolt, does it family? A review.

Family of five here with a few weeks of Bolt use. Does it work as a miniminivan? Yes. Yes it does fine. Legroom is great, you wouldn't believe the cabin length looking from outside. And the floor is dead flat for the 2nd row, which is nice. I've always had floor hump up until this car. 3 wide shoulder room in the 2nd row is narrow, but the cabin length and flat floor helps it not feel cramped.

Caveats.. If you've got three adult sized kids, Bolt 2nd row probably isn't wide enough. Also the rear cargo space is very limited- A trade off for that nice long passenger compartment. If you have to haul cargo along with 5 passengers, Bolt probably isn't ideal. Maybe with a cargo box you can get it to work. I can't comment on multiple baby seats, but I know it will fit one in the center position. If you have 2 or 3 baby seats to run, probably Bolt isn't your best option.

To sum up, if you have 1 or 2 kids Bolt could work well. Or if you have 3 and they are not all babies or adult sized, it could work. 4+ kids, yeah go get your standard 3 row behemoth.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easythereturbo For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-05-2018), NeilBlanchard (12-13-2017)