View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Alright, time for the morning Mirage update!

I didn't have much time last night due to an after work meeting I went to. Through a bunch of stop and go traffic I think I eeked out about 44 mpg. This morning I idled a bit in my driveway getting the SG setup, and it was also a bit slushy out, but I still managed 45 on the Mirage's mpg readout.

Once I got home, I tried my hand at the shifter boot. I thought I might be able to get it without taking the center console apart, and I was right. With a combination of pinching and pulling the boot fabric, and finagling things, I was able to get one side clipped in, and the other side pulled back and into the clips.

I also looked into the issue I was having with my scangauge not connecting. I knew I used the scangauge on the 2015 Mirage I had tested from Mitsubishi, so I knew it worked. So, I grabbed my other scangauge that is in my wife's car, and tried it. It worked just fine. I then unplugged that scangauge from the cable, and plugged mine into it. It then worked. So, it was a bad cable. I grabbed another cable (we have them because we sell them), and that fixed it. I tell you, after driving with one of these things, you feel like your driving blind without it.