View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Replaced headlight, driver's low beam still does not work.

This is for Mom's 2006 Camry, so I only have one day each weekend to troubleshoot it, I drive here each weekend.

Here is the fuse information:

Fuse box Toyota Camry 2001-2006

The second and third fuses in the fourth column are for the upper headlights. I do not have any idea what purpose these serve, I pulled both and both high beams still work, and the passenger-side low beam. On the top right are the fuses for the lower headlights. If I put either fuse in one of those, the passenger light goes out, but neither fuse in the driver's side makes any difference. Both bulbs work on the passenger side, but neither works on the driver's side.

Eric the Car Guy says to check all of the fuses:

There are two above the huge fuses in the top center and another below without a white rectangle. They are spares, although they have different sockets and I cannot pull them with the fuse puller. The interior fuse box does not seem to have anything to do with headlights, although I should check them anyway.

From what I can tell, the next step is to check the fuse box, but while it seems like many people have asked Google how to check a fuse box, all that I find is how to check fuses. I have tried watching videos on fixing electrical problems, but I have not found any that seem to deal with this particular problem. Also, I believe that I have read to test the headlight socket, but not how to.

Also, I do not know how to use a multimeter...

Can any of you please tell me where to find the information I need? Thank you very much! Have a great day!