View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 03:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
Natalya
Engine-Off-Coast

Red 2000 Insight (2017 through 2019) - '00 Honda Insight 5MT
90 day: 64.72 mpg (US)

Red 2000 Lithium Insight (2020) - '00 Honda Insight LTO
90 day: 71.76 mpg (US)
I got a partial radiator block in place a few days ago to help with warmup times. And today I re-removed the rear window wiper + motor. I had it off the car earlier, but it had to be inspected and they wanted to see it in place.

I'm like really fighting to get 70 mpg on the FCD with this current tank. I've been like carrying some stuff with me usually and there's been rain and stuff, but even going turtle speeds like it's damn near impossible.

This car does have a couple negative strikes against it right now.
1: IMA is nearly dead. It's on life support. I'm using OBDIIC&C to monitor voltage and such so that the light won't come on, but the current draw of headlights and wipers makes it difficult. As long as I keep it up high enough I can use my EFAS button.

2: Missing 2 OEM aero panels under the front of the car. I just ordered Scott's replacement aluminum panel so when that gets here it should help a little.

Current draw is a huge problem. I'm seriously considering LED head lights. Basically everything else is LED, except the turn signals. I also need to do some grill blocks, but I don't want them to look terrible. Easier said than done.