View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 06:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Been recommending Puhn for a couple of decades. Everyone should have it in their library.

$200 isn’t that expensive, IMO. One needs to upsize the front bar if adding a rear, as a basic rule of thumb. Understeer trumps oversteer any day.

My Dodge pickup didn’t have rear bar. Both new ones came from Helwig and had to replace front bar links with improved. Truck could also use a rear Panhard Rod (instead of asking leaf spring mounts to counter body versus suspension force). Shocks had already been upgraded to entry level Bilstein.

Be systematic. No piece by piece changes.

Tradeoff is reduced rear wheel travel and ride is slightly degraded. But my rack & pinion IFS 2WD one ton is (literally) a slot car compared to live axle 4WD.

The change was made to better handle crosswinds with a loaded bed under cab-height bed topper, and counter forces from 35’ travel trailer. That it also marches up cloverleaf ramps with authority makes it impressive. I don’t launch hard enough to induce wheel tramp from Cummins torque, but testing there shows better transference.

Good luck.