View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
whitevette
EcoModding Apprentice

"Best spark plugs to have?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z man View Post

If not, what are the best spark plugs to have?
"The best spark plugs to..." . Whoa! Stop right there. Ask the gasoline / air mixture in your combustion chamber : ANY spark will set off the mixture. If you can make this spark ... under the conditions of pressure and
turbulence ( the spark can actually be "blown out' by these gales) over and over and over again, you'll be satisfied. We're talking many factors, here. Tip erosion, internal resistance, heat range, external corrosion, etc.
Most people have favorite brands. I have many "unfavorite" brands. You never know what you're getting, anymore. The whole world has been "outsourced"! For instance, I used to trust Robert Bosch plugs...until I happened to look closely ... stamped into the main barrel of the plug body one day ( in fine print) ..."Made in India". Oops! Not for me! Sorry.... I still put my trust in US-made Autolites, always have...no problems...ever. I never have liked Champion ( lawn mower plugs) . Other brands? I have no idea of the quality. OEM plugs? Not a good way to judge....Too much cost accounting work, here. Bean counter budgets at work. I don't trust bean counters.