View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLochard View Post
Because I used Lexan it's really hard to see my Grill Blocks in the Pictures. Like I said I'm trying to make the car look as cool as possible so I'm taking a stealthy approach with my EcoModifications. If you look at the Direct Front Picture where I'm talking about the Mirror Removal you can see the outline of the Lower Grill Block. It covers everything but about 4.5" where the Radiator is at. Now that I've been driving the car like this for a few months you are certainly right. I should have covered the entire grill. My Coolant Temps rarely ever got over 200F with Outside Air Temp ranging from 65-75F. This morning it was -4F and on my drive to work the Coolant Temp only got up to approximately 175F. I even let the car warm up for a while to defrost the windshield. I'm thinking I may make a small Lexan Piece to put over the small Radiator Opening that way it's easy to remove if for any reason higher summer temps start creating an overheating issue.
Now that I look more closely I'm glad i stopped in. Thats the perfect material to use for my lower grill block on my Prius. I love that material for mirror caps. I've used it on my Prius and civic and it gives a fantastic finish.