View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 12:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Bringing in the old part should have been obvious.

There was a post on Jalopnik seven years ago about a guy that was put on hold by Autozone, someone else picked up, asked if he had been helped, and then put him on hold again...
I just had this experience with an online chat with India. My problem was with a WiFi connected power monitoring outlet that was reporting a power draw of 234,763 Watts. After explaining the problem and my troubleshooting steps, the guy said he was going on break and passed me off to someone else. I then spent 5 minutes explaining what the problem was and my troubleshooting steps and the woman said she was going on break and passed me off to another guy. The 3rd guy simply said to upgrade the firmware, but the app said there were no firmware updates.

Finally the guy gave me a link to download firmware not available to the public, and I updated the device with zero instruction on his part. He would periodically ask if I was still there, and I would tell him I'm trying to figure out which of the 6 executables in the download to run, and which of the 30 files to select as the firmware.

Monkeys aside, I really liked the employees at Cost Less auto parts. Not only were the parts way cheaper than anywhere else, the employees were extremely knowledgeable.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!