View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #64 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
assume

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
I would say average is 67mph but some drastic rise/drops in elevation. My best average was 17.7mpg after the level kit and tires with summer blend diesel on the same route and I stop at the same gas station for habit and ease of access/clean bathroom and healthy snacks.

Would it be reasonable to assume the tonneau cover is at lest helping a little with economy considering my best with winter blend was 17.3? This also including some heavily snowed roads, 30mph sections etc? I plan on doing same trip in August time with hopefully only an air dam added.

No fuel additive was used this or last trip but I did notice a very slight improvement with diese kleen if used properly but the benefit didn’t make up for he cost so I only use it couple times a year when I travel through areas with questionable diesel etc.
My late neighbor,Bob,did what you've done with his 1960s Chevy pickup.He saw a measurable improvement,even though he drove really slow on the highway.(like 45-mph)
A side benefit,other than MPG will be something like a 60% reduction in lift over the rear axle.That's worth the price of admission right there!
BamZipPow (01-05-2018), freebeard (12-30-2017), gone9 (01-02-2018), slowmover (01-28-2018)