View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
YukonCornelius
Exceptional Member

Crapolier - '98 Chevrolet Cavalier base
90 day: 34.81 mpg (US)

05 CTS-V - '05 cadillac cts-v
90 day: 33.01 mpg (US)

95 Accord - '95 Honda Accord
90 day: 38.06 mpg (US)

11 CTS-V - '11 Cadillac CTS-V
Old member returning, looking to improve 2002 Yukon XL MPG

Hey guys, it has been a while since I've posted. If anyone remembers me, I had a Cadillac CTS-V that was getting some impressive numbers about 5 years ago.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...mpg-22967.html

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...0-a-24034.html

I sold that V this year and picked up a newer, supercharged V. 6.2L. low compression, 4000 pounds. It gets horrible fuel economy. So does my 02 Yukon, which I drive much more. I work from home mostly and my fuel bill each month is still around $360-410. So I thought, it's time to get back into ecomodding, starting with the Yukon.

I still have the Cavalier. It's over 300,000 miles now, getting tired, rusty, and I don't feel all that safe driving it.

My best full tank with the Yukon XL is 15.5 in warmer weather. My Worst is 12, I'm averaging around 13.5 in the cold. I took out the stock airbox and installed the old homemade cold air intake off my old CTS-V, this seems to have really hurt me. Feels like I lost a sold 1 mpg, just a feeling. I'm going to put the stock airbox back in and do a hot air intake for comparison.

I've already got the tire pressure up around 45psi per wheel.

The gearing is the lowest numerically available, diff fluid is new but not synthetic (previous owner)

I took the 3rd row out for space.

The spare tire is missing (free weight savings! lol)

My question is, anyone with a similar vehicle have some changes that made a "big" improvement?

As of right now, I'll go bear the cold and do the hot air intake. I also have a full set of Iridium plugs that I had for another LS car which I will put in at some point.

My goal is a full tank at 23MPG. I feel that would be a solid improvement over the EPA 18 highway.

Don't know why it says 00, it's a 95
374,000 miles and tired.

Last edited by YukonCornelius; 12-31-2017 at 01:28 PM..