View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:05 AM   #57 (permalink)
Phoenix'97
EcoModding Lurker

White Steed - '97 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Even if the experience of improving the efficiency of this car doesn't effectively lead to money savings in the long run, it still sounds interesting to say the least, both in the environmental aspect and to provide knowledge about the usage of another alternate fuel that may eventually become a viable for other operators with easier access to it.

Sometimes I get the willing to pick an old carburettor-fed car and adapt some manual mixture control like the gasser (or ethanol) aircraft.
A part of me wants to keep internal combustion engines going into the future, and a part of me realizes that fuel such as n-Butanol and Iso-Butanol are much more environmentally friendly than electric cars that still rely on an electricity grid using coal plant produced electricity! Oh, and the process of recycling or disposing of all those batteries! The horror stories are not nice to know in the landfills! Furthermore, if you can produce Bio-Butanol from grass clippings , virtually any organic matter such as autumn leaves from trees, switch grass, even farm crop waste, you now have an INCREDIBLY eco-friendly and renewable fuel source that costs nothing more than to pay someone to rake up, collect, and have shipped to the processing plant! No drilling, no fracking, no real dangers to the environment, no real major source of carbon emissions to have done!

With respect to electric cars, we can always convert coal plants to burn biomass that would otherwise be used in the production of Bio-Butanol, we can convert coal plants to use Diesel Generators that burn Bio-Diesel, or somehow retrofit coal power plants to burn Bio-Butanol! This effectively aids in getting rid of nuclear power plants and drives more demand for Bio-Fuel!

Last edited by Phoenix'97; 01-05-2018 at 02:28 AM..