View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
His complaints are really just another way of saying "I'm an idiot who didn't buy what I really wanted, so I'm blaming everything on what I did buy."
IIRC he didn't buy it, just rented it. But anyway, the ones who actually bought it sure had other priorities in mind.

Quote:
If it's the cheapest car on the market and it passes a crash test, it's great.
If it's the cheapest car on the market and it accelerates at all, it's great.
If it's the cheapest car on the market and it doesn't break down, it's great.
If it's the cheapest car on the market and it...
That's a good point. Anyway, even though an older jalopy with all the bells and whistles may eventually seem more cost-effective at first, not everyone is mechanically-inclined enough to feel comfortable dealing with the unavoidably higher rate of failures in an older beaten-down ride.

Quote:
Oh, and did the guy mention that it gets amazing mileage for a non- hybrid?
Even though fuel is cheaper back there than in my country, I'm sure it may be more cost-effective in the long run than buying an older and eventually poorly-mantained oversized granny-cruiser to haul a couple of grocery bags once in a while and ride alone (or with no more than 2 or 3 passengers) most of the time. And even if fuel prices are not so significant at all, the reduced dependence on foreign oil might appeal to those who see it as a patriotic deal.