View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:46 AM   #71 (permalink)
Phoenix'97
EcoModding Lurker

White Steed - '97 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
It's hard to look good (in the classic muscle car sense) and get good mpg. You're planning on a drag pack look but for mpg you'd be better off with skinnies all the way around using LRR tires inflated on the high side. Wide tires don't help mpg and most likely don't come in a LRR version.

EOC doesn't kill starters because if you do it right, the tires are used to start the engine.

You have no money for exotic fuels so where will the money come from for exotic metal treatments and race car style mods?
Well, this is where I balance fuel economy with performance and looks! I refuse to put skinnies on my car when wider rear tires will help with cornering performance and traction for those times I do gun it from a green light. Its a balancing act!

I am leery about the start-stop technology! Why should the car shut off everytime it comes to a dead stop? Furthermore, doesn't starting a car use more fuel than idling for a certain amount of time?! It is better to tune the PCM for a lean air-fuel ratio while it is idling!

Once I start working again, I will look into buying that Iso-Butanol for my car! I just can't do it now, not when I am voluntarily unemployed as I deal with the disappointing aspects of a "college education". Once I have my college loan paid off, and it will be soon enough with double payments or more, I am going to have to take out a loan to get my car restored and modified to like new, with some painful efforts to try to have it corrosion coated and given corrosion resistant nuts/bolts/screws/clamps/fasteners. The rest of the corrosion control will have to rely on frequent Delta Sonic trips with Super Kisses.

Hey, I have everything planned out! Everything I am taking away from car forums is helping me to come up with the modifications that will eventually go on my car.