View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #78 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,607 Times in 7,088 Posts
Quote:
Honestly, I need experience and I need to really know my stuff if I want to be a developer.
The KERS idea is a bit out of my league!
One of these this is not like the other.

The serpentine belt is similar to a supercharger drive. The battery box is half the battle and it would be very small. The electronics is being approached two different ways by forum members here.

I was fortunate to get into software development in 1980. It was a meritocracy. If you could do the work they didn't care what you look like. Heck they didn't care what you'd smell like. I sat in the corner of their office at an Apple ][ for two weeks and taught myself the OS and 30 applications, sufficiently that they put me on the phone to do sales cold-calls. Eventually I was editing people's Windows registries over the phone for Symantec.

Quote:
I am leery about the start-stop technology! Why should the car shut off everytime it comes to a dead stop?
The car doesn't shut off, just the ICE. Any hot-start problems will be steamrollered by the mass of the vehicle.