View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #82 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,609 Times in 7,090 Posts
Quote:
I am not looking to dump $30,000 OR MORE on severe modifications, that money is going into subtle alterations to my car's exterior and interior! I know what I am getting myself into and for the modifications I have in mind, at most a thousand here, half-a-thousand for this, a few times over, and I have the motor I have been dreaming about...
You could drop $10K in the motor, leave off the low-rider pearlescent lace paint panelling and have enough to add KERS invisibly. Given the weight of your F-body, inline at the driveshaft might be more appropriate than a similar alternator upgrade. My 1-ton lift-back with a slant-four diesel is a perfect candidate for the La Crosse/Impala part.

If you would look into the subject a bit (I suggest evtv.me) you might find that VFD motors and OEM components have changed the equation in the last decade.

On to the video: You could have suggested skipping the first minute.

I put him on 2x at about 2:00. Half-way through he got onto reasonable argumentation that didn't support the premise. Did you watch the whole thing? Once he got over his Tourette's, all he had was the Restart is jerky.

Any reasonable KERV system would restart the engine at about 20-25mph, not when you lift the clutch. WTF.

Look at his other titles:
  • 10 worst[] Mistakes...
  • The Truth About...
  • Idiot's Guide...
  • Why You Should...
Ex-spurt indeed. You might try KYLE.Engineers. He also has an erudite-sounding accent.

Have you thought about cryogenic tempering? You can do whole engines. The only place I've used it is for brake parts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
elhigh (01-07-2018), Xist (01-06-2018)