View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jdesign
Ecostanced

ES9 - '03 Honda CIVIC Hybrid
HCH Battery is dying :(

First off I hope im posting this in the right section.

I have a Manual 2003 HCH that has been treating me very well. In the last year the battery has been degrading and I finally decided I should do a complete discharge and grid charge(I have a Maxx volts unit). With the fierce cold weather, and snow tires (Im in Wisconsin) my MPGs are lower than I have ever witnessed since owning the car, 50mpg a tank, to a horrible 35-40mpgs.

With that said, this is the first time I have had the battery at complete discharge. I used a light bulb to run the battery to zero as I have seen many others do online. I have a grid charger that I am using to bring the battery back up to normal voltage and have been driving another car in the meantime.

So the main reason I am posting here is that prior to the complete discharge I was grid charging at night and the battery was getting around 180-182v with 310Ma.

Now, after the complete discharge, I am now only seeing around 150v with 310ma.

Although I will allow it more time to see if I get a higher result as I just plugged it in last night and that 150v reading was today at lunch. Should I expect to see it back at 180v's by any chance?
Was the battery so out of balance that there was 1 or 2 sticks showing me a higher reading than what the battery was actually at?
I might consider pulling the battery completely and doing a full rebuild but I dont really want to do that at this time. Do you guys have any suggestions?