View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
DSMHondaGuy
EcoModding Apprentice

Sipper - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 40.14 mpg (US)
Well wife's complaining about me spending time in the shop today...None the less I did air up a low tire on her car, wipe off the wheels and told her next time she gets an oil change I need to rotate her tires.

Pulled the Civic into the shop and checked the tire pressure and hey look at that. 31, 31, 31.5, 32psi So they're all at 43psi now, I figure since they're cold that gives them a little room to come up to temp on a long trip or as ambient air temp comes up so they don't exceed the maximum pressure rating. Checked the oil, half quart low in 1,465 miles. :/ Was hoping for better but with 321,3xx miles on it, that's about what I expected...actually better than a lot of engines would be I'm betting. Didn't have time to do the compression check since the wife's complaining, I'll try to work that in soon.

Main come away:
Tire pressure went from 31-32psi to 43psi.

ETA: Also put some lithium grease on the hinge points to the accelerator pedal, I had it in a syringe but the tip was a bit bigger than I'd rather it been, couldn't really get it forced in there quite like I wanted but I figure it will work it's way in there over time and this summer when in car cabin temps shoot way up and lower the viscosity of it.

Now to top off the fuel tank Monday, add a little oil and see what difference it makes on the next tank.

Last edited by DSMHondaGuy; 01-13-2018 at 01:52 PM..