View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
sirchris
EcoModding Lurker

Taking another shot at it

It's been a while since I paid a lot of attention to my MPG for various reasons. I still have the same car, a 2013 Dodge Avenger that I use for daily commute to work which is about 100 miles roundtrip a day. I tracked my MPG on the way home this morning and on the way in to work tonight and both seem to be about 5mpg less than I remember. I got 32.3MPG (mostly hwy)and 31.7MPG (some city) by watching my driving closely, even killing the engine and coasting when I couldn't avoid traffic lights. After reading a few threads, I'm figuring the cold may have something to do with it. We have had an unusually cold few weeks down in Texas. I did a tune up about 5 months ago and an oil change with 5w30 about a month ago. No body mods yet and no deletes, everything is pretty much stock. Unfortunately, my car weighs in at 4600 pounds, more than twice that of a 90's Civic or other small cars. Do you guys have any suggestions, short of get another car? This one is paid off and I'm keeping it but would enjoy some more savings.