View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Peter DeFazio has been campaigning in his 64 Dodge since, what? 1987?

Eugene Weekly : Best of Eugene : 2011-2012 | eugeneweekly.com
Quote:
Of course Lane County loves Rep. Peter DeFazio. He is known to quote Lord of the Rings when making political analogies, and he drives around Springfield in his Dodge Dart with his dogs lolling out the windows on his way to chat constituents up while shopping at Bi-Mart. What more could you ask for?
Peter DeFazio - The Full Wiki
Quote:
Peter Anthony DeFazio (born May 27, 1947) is an American politician. He serves as a Democratic U.S. Representative from Oregon, representing the 4th Congressional District since 1987. The district includes Eugene, Springfield, Roseburg and part of Corvallis. DeFazio is Oregon's most senior member of Congress, which makes him the dean of Oregon's House of Representatives delegation.
My 1964 Clark Cortez had the 225, with a carter side-draft carburetor — the same one[s] the used on the 1953 Corvette.

OTOH when I was in high school we went into Salem on Friday nights in a red 1960 Valiant station wagon. It was a friend's fathers. I'd park the bullet-nose Studebaker, and when we got down to the pavement, we'd jack up the front and crank down the torsion bars, then raise it up when we got back.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
slowmover (01-16-2018)