Thread: hello all!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brian03cav
EcoModding Lurker

Whitey - '03 Chevrolet Cavalier base
90 day: 37.01 mpg (US)
Smile hello all!

found this great site, just thought i'd pop in and say hi.
little about myself.....
my name is brian, im 19 and live in pa. about 2 months ago i purchased a 2003 chevrolet cavalier, because my car at the time i sold to my sister (ford focus). i work in IT support, so my daily drive is anywhere from 25-120 miles a day depending (supporting sites within about a 50-70 mile radius). while i do get compensated for fuel, i've been really looking to save on gas.

i've been reading like mad various sites online for better ways to save fuel. this site has helped alot already, and i know will continue to.

where im at right now is, my vehicle gets at the very least 31mpg, and i've seen a best of 42. i updated my fuel log on here with a long trip i took yesterday that reflected 41 after reading this site, i really have changed my driving style as well as some various things on the car itself.

it seems the epa estimates are quite low for my vehicle, as i do get about 30-32 with mixed driving, with alot of traffic at times.

sorry for the long winded intro, any suggestions would be great, and i hope to learn alot here.

Brian