View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #286 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix'97 View Post
I am going to stress the fact that my goal is NOT to recoup the money spent on this car from gas savings! The goal is to improve upon a car designed in the mid-to-late 1980's that went into production during the mid-nineties with new technology and better parts that have since come to the market! A big improvement is ALL L.E.D. lighting in the car!

Currently my car is in an aged out state and I would like to have her refurbished to like new and with an engine and drivetrain tailored to the type of driving I do with the added emphasis of optimizing for fuel economy where possible!

Some of the advice I have been given on this site I will end up incorporating into the car while other ideas are too far out of the realm for my consideration. For all intents and purposes, this build is supposed to produce a street car that is something that you might expect to come out of the GM plant if they were making this car TODAY! So, extreme Aero-mods are out of the question, especially lowering the car for better aerodynamic effect when this will make the car extremely difficult to drive in the winter. An underbody cover may be considered but for the ease of maintenance I may decide to go without one.

Also, my car can seat two passengers in the back, so it is HARDLY a car that is inappropriate for the family, so long as we don't have more than three children.
Ha!

Good luck