View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #84 (permalink)
SlideWRX
EcoModding Lurker

Moostange - '07 Ford Mustang GT
Last 3: 21.8 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Really?

Your bridge called....It wants its troll back.

Please, do tell, what paper do you hold up as an example of truck aerodynamics? How does it differ from this? Besides a photoshopped pic, what about his research and methodology makes you think this is a less than valid research paper? You did notice the publication date of this paper is 2009 so the pictures of the recent 2018 Ford weren't available to be egregiously doctored up?
Yes, I live in Lower Michigan, 'beneath' the Mackinaw bridge, so Yoopers refer to us as trolls...

He used an incorrect name on a fictional representation of a pickup truck as a discussion point for his masters thesis. I understand it was written in 2009. I'm not complaining that he used old pictures to show the progression of aerodynamics, I'm complaining that he used wrong names & a fictional picture. Easily corrected, by say, going to Fords website to look at the current models of the time...

Plus, he didn't mention any coefficients of drags for that discussion; Online resources say 0.45 for the 1997 F-150, and ~0.43 for the 2008, and 0.403 for the 'all-new' 2009, so referencing the "2008-2009" model doesn't make sense either.

I really didn't go into the CFD stuff, but it looks like a good approximation.