View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
dfeldt91
EcoModding Apprentice

Mazda 3 - '06 Mazda 3 iTouring
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Hey, a fellow Salemite! I'm in Silverton mostly these days.
... Seems pretty severe that you were suspended for 14 months for the accident unless there were other adverse items on your driving record.
Unfortunately, the insurance company dropped me but due to a mail mix up I never received notice and was then uninsured at the time of the accident. In Oregon, it is a mandatory 1 year suspension for an accident without coverage regardless of driving record. They give you two months of driving time after the accident to prove you had insurance before the suspension goes into effect. I didn't have another car so it was essentially a 14 month suspension. Lame laws regarding insurance companies not having to make contact when dropping someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorGray View Post
You should do well with that Mazda3. It's noted for good fuel economy and overall reliability.
I'm loving it so far, however I have only driven it straight home from the previous owners home and around the culdesac twice to test electrical systemunder various conditions. I've been chauffered around town in it and it drives great, seems to be pretty sporty. Should be hearing back from DMV today or early next week. Excited to get back to driving.