View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
To be sure, insurance premiums are going up across the country for a variety of reasons other than expensive auto parts. The Insurance Information Institute also blames higher rates on distracted driving, more drivers on the road during the economic recovery, faster driving and, in some states, legalized marijuana.
[citation needed]
Quote:
Today, a large body of research exists exploring the impact of marijuana on psychomotor skills and actual driving performance. This research consists of driving simulator studies, on-road performance studies, crash culpability studies, and summary reviews of the existing evidence. To date, the result of this research is fairly consistent: Marijuana has a measurable yet relatively mild effect on psychomotor skills, yet it does not appear to play a significant role in vehicle crashes, particularly when compared to alcohol. Below is a summary of some of the existing data.
Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

I'll just wait for this stop sign to turn green.

When I was in high school driver's ed, we had to drive into Dallas, OR to find parallel parking spaces. Our instructor demonstrated un-parking by pulling forward, bumping the car in front, backing into the car behind, saying "I think I've got enough room now" and pulling out. Sort of learning by negative example.

OTOH I learned to hit low beams momentarily going over the top of a rise, to get a better view of the far side.

Last edited by freebeard; 02-04-2018 at 11:49 AM..