View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
oneheadlight
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
Thanks. To some degree the sensors price from Honda makes sense in that back in 1998 a wideband o2 sensor was a BIG deal. Now, not so much. I'm sure they're trying to make their money on something that at the time was probably fairly expensive.
That's a good point about back in the day. I do know that a lot of Honda's stuff is going up in price lately. One of them was they wanted $1200 for their alternator, now that even made the dealer's part dept laugh! No i didn't buy that, went and got a new TYC brand alternator and has been working fine for a couple years now.

Just wanted to tell you if you took a chance on that Denso part that you would be getting the same NTK 24300 part. Or at least it was the same part number on the part.

What I am jealous about is I see you're getting 40mpg and the best I'm getting currently is about 32mpg combined. Then again I'm in Michigan where it's been in the single digits for temps and you're down in warmer atlanta! That probably has something to do with it.

I have checked my data (separate thread) on my o2 and not sure if the results are correct.. Have to do some more digging on that. But I've fixed everything imaginable except for replacing the catalytic and I just can't seem to get up to 40mpg like this engine used to.. I'm really at a loss here..

best I got was 38mpg that was in the middle of summer.