View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird
I have come to conclude there cannot be a perfect car.
"I Ain't Ever Satisfied" — Steve Earle. Since it's not The Lounge I won't post a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee
...although I'd want a few simple upgrades like low r.r. tubeless tires, OHV, electronic ignition, and EFI.
I'd put that comment after the picture of the Speedster. But a good progression overall.

The OP's specification of a[n] Honda S600 fits a lot of use cases, but it would be hard to reproduce in aluminum, unless you're Randy Grubb. How about this from RÜNGE CARS:

https://www.youtube.com/user/flyermotorwerks

But with BMW i3 wheels and tires, and a Buick altermotor (#13 on the List of Threads of 2017). Personally, my sky's-the-limit want would be for:

Tub in basalt fiber/hi-temp epoxy (bullet and fireproof), top in basalt fabric treated with Everwet/Nanoclear (ditto), two RAV4 hybrid (twin motor/ software torque vectoring) rear axles front and rear for 4WD, BMW i3 tires on red 19" Model A wire wheels, and a 5th wheel hitch where the VW muffler used to reside for a teardrop trailer. And hydrojets for the water.

If course this would be winched into the bomb bay of a golden Steampunk (pure steam/hot hydrogen lift) Zeppelin, fitted with solid brass Puckle guns with the flintlocks replaced with Tesla coils. With purple crystals for capacitors.

Because why not.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Ecky (02-07-2018)