View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #176 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
The advise that Kiosaki gives is mostly accurate, and mostly unhelpful. The book doesn't give specific advice on how to get rich, rather it talks about the character traits necessary to grow wealth. It's plainly obvious to most everybody that owning wealth producing assets, and minimizing liabilities is a big key to earning wealth. The thing is, it isn't so much lack of knowledge of how to grow wealth that people have, it's lack of discipline. You can't really teach discipline. It's a daily choice to make decisions that further your goals.

This was the first book I had read that hinted at the diminishing value of a college education. It has the triple-impact of not only costing a fortune and taking up time that could have been used earning money/advancing career, but the interest on the debt sets a person back financially, well into the future. It's no wonder college is a poor investment for many people.

Kiosaki's book is worth skimming for the summarized info, regardless of the fictional stories. Developing character traits to implement what you know is up to each individual.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!