View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
As far as the Jet-A-Vator is concerned, I am planning on trying the system out both with and without it to see what gets me better fuel mileage. I do think the fine tuning of the carb jetting and the digital ignition map will get me a whole lot better fuel mileage than the Jet-A-Vator will. I just think it's worth the try since I have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSTIC View Post
...but that's all more difficult to do than finding another manifold and modifying it to fit a progressive dual-throat carb.
I'd need to find one that has a smaller venture than the one I already have. Weber makes a progressive carb, but it seems to have a 32mm main barrel. I'm not sure what the actual venturi size is but it's likely not much different than the 26mm venturi I already have. Also I'd lose my heated air cleaner and the dual heat risers unless I built my own intake manifold and air cleaner.

Deluxe Center Mount Progressive (DFAV/DFEV) Carburetor Kit, Reline, DP Type 1, K1410 - Aircooled.Net VW Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSTIC View Post
Have you got any kind of manifold heating? It seems like that would help, assuming you can avoid pinging.
Yes, and I got about the best you can get on a VW. It a called a dual heat riser manifold, which are rare in the US since they were only put on 1974 Californian VW's.

As opposed to the much more common single heat riser manifold: