View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #59 (permalink)
dparker
CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
dparker -

I assure you it is far worse in other forums. saturnfans.com has a thread on Pulstars that makes this site look like a bunch of Panda Bears.

From my POV, you have been fair and I thank you for your posts. Since you are interacting with the public, every word you write represents the company. Like it or not, I think you are actually obligated to "takez yourz punchez" in the same way a good tech-rep would over the phone.

Question: Would you say that your product is a different implementation of the Nology HotWires performance ignitions wires? :

Nology HotWires Spark Plug Wires Ignition Wires Manufacturer

For Hotwires the capacitor is in the wire. Because of this, Nology HotWires require special spark plugs.

For Pulstars, the capacitor is in the plug.

Benefits: Pulstars cost less. $100 for four plugs versus ~$200 for HotWires
Benefits: You cover more ground. You are changing only the plug, not the rest of the ignition system. Therefore, in theory, it should work on all drivetrains.

Problems: Proven on many but not all drivetrains.

Do you think this is a fair comparison?

CarloSW2
Great comparison. Actually the history of putting capacitors in the ignition circuit dates back to the first patent in 1919. Nolology put it in the wire. Our other product, DirectHits (Plug in some real horsepower with DirectHits) puts it in a device that attaches to a non-resistor spark plug. We, of course, put it inside the plug. Capacitance (measured in picofarads) is defeated by resistance (impedence). The further away from the spark you are the more resistance you have to overcome. That's why Pulstar is the next logical step in high power discharge. Everything I have seen on Nology wires indicate they work great. The problem they had (not sure if this have been solved) is they set off a lot of electro-magnetic interference and may not be street legal.