View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #60 (permalink)
dparker
CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I've been running Pulsestars for months. They work well but my testing isn't rigorous enough to detect differences that small- if there are any.

I got the impression they are a pretty straight-up outfit. They sure have endured a lot of crap. That said, I don't know if the product would ever pay for itself in fuel savings. I'm so cheap I KNOW I'd never spring for 'em on my own unless the savings were proven and significant.
So what kind of savings would entice you? Let's say you get 6% (our average) better fuel economy and drive average 12,000 miles per year. My math says you would save $115 per year and Pulstar would last 4 years for a total savings of $460 (about a 400% ROI). Because we primarily generate torque, you would probably have a better driving experience as a side benefit. Is this enough though? We have seen all sorts of claims of magnets, whirly-gigs and oil additives claiming 40% fuel economy. Is that the expectation I'm trying to sell through? Can a legitimate product cut through that stuff?