View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #7226 (permalink)
pablitosax
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you very match thingstodo ...very clear explanation.
Yes..the arduino is very sensible/sensitive to noise and 'hangs' or 'reset' itself with small motors or inductive load,etc...
And as all run inside a loop ...all the task are enqueue to do in the same loop so itīs a bad idea to overcharge in the same loop a lot of task (bluetooth,ethernet)...

Are dead links to download the motor contoller of this thread ? DO you have another valid links ?

Regards!!
Pablo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
The new arduinos have enough speed. They can do the calculations required to figure out where the rotor is and adjust the voltage and current phases. It is not simple to do or fast to convert the program, but you can do it if you like.

The arduinos don't have a lot of circuitry built in to guard against noise and power issues in a car. You have to add that stuff yourself.

Plus the arduino doesn't really have interrupts in the traditional sense. You can make it do the control. But you should not do communications - blue-tooth, serial, ethernet - at the same time if you want good control. Timing is very critical for motor control.

If you are controlling your table saw or drill press - I'd use arduino. If you are controlling a car or an airplane or a helicopter ... I would not use arduino. Perhaps I am not up to speed with the latest arduino stuff ... but I would not trust my life to an arduino.