View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eagleye
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iikhod View Post
Hello and welcome to the site.
That's a long commute for sure. Are you really going to drive 300 miles a day?
I would get a diesel car for that commute.

I appologize for the wrong information. I wasn't thinking of getting a diesel because of the potential cost to fix things maybe. I do own a diesel truck and I think diesels are great motors for mpg and power and reliability though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
The HX and VX both have lean burn in California. Not sure where you got the information that they don't have it.

An insight is also a potential vehicle for you. I used to commute 140mi a day and only burning 2 gallons a day was very nice.

I would recommend

#1: Insight
#2: VX
#3: HX
#4: CX

Also not sure where you got the information that the CX and HX are similar, because they definitely aren't. Unless you are talking about the EK CX, which I'm not even sure there was one? I believe they axed the CX line in 96 when they went from the 'EG' bodystyle to the 'EK' but I could be wrong.

I never really looked into the insights but to be honest I think you are right. Do you or anyone else know the reliability and cost of maintenance with the insights? Any suggestions of what years are good to get and which ones I shouldn't? Thank you for all your help everyone!! Glad this sight is around!!