View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I refer about connect s solar car to a terminal and sells the excedent energy. For home even on Brazil it's possible to get credits of solar energy, producing more energy than consumed during day, with the extra energy going to the grid, and paying the energy consumed during night with the credits created during day. This way you can have a home solar system with no need for battery, but jsut solar panels and inversors.

Would you drive Aptera ?
So why not drive Solarworld No.1 ? If it get front wheels and a windshiled like Aptera, with solar panels in the inside area bellow the windshield :

If I could, have tools, a proper place, budget,and fine knowledge, I would build a Morelli/Aptera shape car, buy SunPower solar cells (22% efficience), a good electric motor with high efficience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I don't want any more government programs, but many utilities here already allow excess electricity production to feed back to the grid. We call it net-metering.

The Solarworld N.1 would get much greater range than 28 miles, but nobody would drive such a vehicle. It's designed for efficiency only, not functionality.