View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Took the hybrid for a real ride today. (It was decently above freezing at last)

18km!

Ok, that might not sound like much compared to people who are used to it, but it's probably twice what I could do without assistance. And I probably would have ruptured something trying!

Batteries were at 28.3v (I used 2 bars, so about 25%) and 27.1v (it had 2 bars left at one point).

Don't know how accurate that LED display is, since when I turned it off or switched to the other battery, it showed full or almost full again. The same battery that was showing only 2 before was showing only 2 used when I got home...

But rough estimate based on voltage...the first used about 15% and the second used 50% of capacity(those numbers could be out to lunch since I am looking at a generic voltage vs capacity chart). 65% of 9ah, 152 watt-hours, ~8.5 wh/km.

I won't know without using my AH meter to check how much it take to recharge the batteries (too late, this round), but that should be in ball park range. That's right around 1/3rd what my all-electric powered electric scooter/bike runs at.

The real point though is that I got an hour of decent exercise without killing myself, and felt productive doing so. This should make for a pleasant pass-time in the spring and summer!

PS: I just realized that's farther than I "commute" to work!

PPS: Theoretical range of 55km between both batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hybrid Ride Feb 26 2018.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	23608