View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I don't subscribe to one being inherently better than the other. Each has pros and cons and each can be made to excel on the street.
I tend to prefer delta trikes because they seem to fare better when it comes to loading ability, not just in weight but also in volume. Well, there used to be some cargo tadpole trikes in Portugal, with the rider seating behind the loading area, but then in case of hauling something a little bulkier such as a fridge the visibility would become an issue.

Quote:
Top Gear's slanted Reliant piece is more about entertainment than how awful deltas are, but then the Reliant is not an example of a properly engineered delta even when it isn't sabotaged for tv.
The differential in that Reliant had been welded, and the wheels were odd-sized, plus there was some ballast added to its driver-side. But anyway, if I were going to build a delta trike, which I actually still consider to do, I'd rather get a single centrally-mounted front seat in order to keep the weight bias in a safer way, even though it would decrease the passenger capacity.