View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
woodsrat
Beginner Ecomodder

Pitster Pro offers a 190cc five speed e-start motor that will bolt into my K-Pipe (or similar Honda 50/70 style motor'd bikes). If it's reliable enough for them to sell it in a production pit bike maybe it would be reliable enough for my street use. It's very tempting. The price is just shy of $900.

Currently I have a semi-auto Lifan 125 in the bike that's kickstart only and a Trail Bikes 141cc kit and roller rocker head in a box waiting to go on it. It saved weight but I miss the e-start.

I forgot to mention that my K-Pipe doesn't have a catalytic converter, either.

I had a Grom for around eight months and sold it. The 12" wheels just didn't get along with the chuckholes we have around here. It ran perfectly but was no faster than my wired-together Lifan powered step throughs.

SSR offers a bike similar to the Grom/Z125 called the Razkull. It sells for well under two grand and had gotten excellent reviews when compared to the other currently available 125's here in the U. S.

KYMCO also offers a 150cc five speed "mini" called the Spade that is the current "superbike" of the class. It has a vertical OHC engine.