View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:43 AM   #102 (permalink)
johnathanf1lm
EcoModding Apprentice

Eco taco - '21 Toyota Tacoma Sr access cab
90 day: 22.72 mpg (US)
I currently own 3 (1 working 2 for parts to build a secondone) all are cb125s (main one is a 1980 the other 2 are early 70s) and honestly if you dont do any highway driving at all they are great. I can barely do 60-65 at full throttle leaning in. But dont let that scare you i can still pull up to 60 pretty quick. My current one is bone stock and i use it to drive to work when the weather permits it. They are super cheap to maintain (tires are 100 together, takes 1 quart of oil and gets decent gas mileage) mpg can be better and the 6v system sucks but that's why i bought 2 parts bikes to piece together. Honestly i prefer a 250 over a 125 but i like the old school hondas (70s) and there really wasn't any 250s in the lineup.
Another thing to note is cb125 use points and drum breaks so if you want modern its not for you but i did do a head gasket on the bike last year and it took me a day watching tv to get the motor off and rebuild it and put it back on. Bigger bikes or more modern bikes that would have taken way longer. I am currently working on a cb350 but after that i plan on building a second 125. This one i plan on making it lighter and playing with the intake and exhaust to squeeze a hair more power out of it.
To sum it up if you live in an area with 40-45 mph limits a 125 is for you. Anything over then that its you going balls to the wall and getting passed out by everyone (uber dangerous)