View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #104 (permalink)
gasstingy
EcoModding Apprentice

No nickname - '17 Chevrolet BoltEV Premiere
My first motorcycle was a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 and I loved it for around town solo riding. The problem, for my usage habits, was at Wide Open Throttle (WoT), it would run 57 mph on flat ground, 60 downhill and if I hugged the tank on the two hills I had to go up, I could climb them at 50. It had about a 3.5 gallon fuel tank and returned about 64 mpg. Most drivers are intolerant of people travelling at or below the posted speed limit.

I moved up to a Kawasaki Ninja 250 and found it to be a very capable bike for all but the steepest of hills, and a top speed somewhere around 100 mph. It had more than a 4 gallon fuel tank and returned about 61 mpg. Far easier to take off from a stop, especially with my wife riding with me. I hated the riding position of the Ninja sport bike, even after installing the riser extensions, and dearly wished they'd put this water cooled engine on the small Eliminator frame.

I quit riding, but I miss it. I sometimes check to see if a lightweight, cruiser style electric motorcycle, at a reasonable price point comes to market. Everything I've seen to date is styled like either a sport bike, or a dual purpose street/trail bike.