View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:28 AM   #109 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanf1lm View Post
Another thing to note is cb125 use points and drum breaks so if you want modern its not for you
Points have been phased out everywhere else nowadays, but it's still possible to get a 125cc motorcycle with all-around drum brakes in most of the s#!thole countries, including mine. Well, I'd actually not feel so uncomfortable at all with drum brakes in a small motorcycle, even though it's undeniable that discs have their advantages.

Quote:
but i did do a head gasket on the bike last year and it took me a day watching tv to get the motor off and rebuild it and put it back on. Bigger bikes or more modern bikes that would have taken way longer.
Saving on the cheaper replacement parts and on fewer labor required, that's a good point.

Quote:
To sum it up if you live in an area with 40-45 mph limits a 125 is for you. Anything over then that its you going balls to the wall and getting passed out by everyone (uber dangerous)
In my country it's not uncommon to see 125cc motorcycles on the road due to them being used as a matter of necessity, not only for leisure like most Americans use their motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
The problem with small bikes in anything other than a low-speed city setting, is lack of torque (IMHO). You have to rev the piss out of it and do a lot of shifting to maintain speed on anything other than flat ground.
Over-revving to go just a hair over the speed limit may become frightening to some extent, due to the lack of a power reserve to get away from a reckless driver.