View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #125 (permalink)
woodsrat
Beginner Ecomodder

During the Smokies trip (in the company of childhood friends on a Harley bagger and a Tri-Glide--talk about an odd bunch) most of the hills could be pulled in third gear. I'm running 17/36 gearing.

I recently rebuilt the first one I put together after five years of service and upped it to a TB 141cc kit with a cam from TBoltUSA. On a ride into the hill country east of Louisville with a friend on his 125 Lifan powered CT-200 I could pull hills in high gear going away that had him in third. The increase in torque is awesome!!

It worked so well Vince, the bossman at TBoltUSA, talked me into a full TB top end for the Lifan 125 I put into the K-Pipe. This'll include a roller rocker head with a larger intake valve, a matching cam and a 26mm carburetor. It'll be going on ASAP.

Surprisingly other than an appetite for premium gas my mileage is about the same on the 141 as it was on the 125. It's a lot more fun to ride, too!! Originally I used a 15/36 gearing combo and wheelies away from a light were a problem so I went to the 17/36 which both eliminated the unwanted wheelies and gave me a lot more cruising/top speed. Now with the 141 the wheelies are back!!

The extra torque of this motor immediately smoked the stock Lifan clutch but a complete heavy-duty unit fixed that problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to woodsrat For This Useful Post:
Grant-53 (03-09-2018)